Friday, July 18, 2008

why so serious?

Why so serious?

Caught the 12:10 showing of batman last night, or should I say this morning. And, all I can say is that it was everything I wanted it to be, and much more. Perfect. The acting was amazing, every character was cast beautifully. From Christian Bale, who once again nailed the part of batman, and also is the only batman to make a second movie! All the actors and actresses were incredible. But to me Maggie Gyllenhaal was the weak link. She pulled of the role, and she’s a good actress. But I almost feel like she was “overacting” which came off as “UNDERacting” if that makes sense to any one? Some of the lines were just lacking something, and other had too much. Can’t put my finger on it cause im not really ready to criticize the movie yet…ahaha.

But I will end this with a little something about Heath Ledger. Unbelievable. Amazing, incredible. An exact representation of what the joker should be, and more. His acting, was just…something every actor should strive for. He was twisted… cruel… heartless …insane …funny … crazy… truly a mad man. He WAS the joker. I was so convinced that I feel that he wouldn’t of been the same if he were still with us.

Any way, amazing film, have to watch it again, again and again. I shouldn’t say much more because my thoughts are to scattered right now. Loved it. That’s all.

1 comment:

Jacob Marvin Rossi said...

Aw, I really liked Maggie. She made Dawes feel like a legitimate character and not as much of a plot tool (...even though The Joker pretty much used her). I didn't dig her character so much in the first movie because of that - like she was only there to get Bruce where he needed to be to become Batman.

But yeah, my pants are still wet from seeing this movie.