Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Portrait

I wanted to put all of these in order, but by the time I coordinate my self to do that, I’ll have other things to post. So I’ll just give ‘em up as I get ‘em.

This was our second portrait assignment towards the end of April. Which I was hoping would come out better than the first, but life doesn’t always work out that way. A good try I think. Faces in general have always been an issue for me. Also, I think I’ve been taught to ignore the face and focus on expression through the body and proportions and anatomy type junk. And I think I naturally avoid drawing faces anyway…oops.

Any way, the beautiful thing about clay is that you can pull off that rough, choppy, and messy on purpose kind of look. So things like a crooked mouth look intentional.

I love clay…





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes clay is awesome, esp Cassius. have you used it yet? it seems like people naturally gravitate toward either the facial expressions or anatomy, that's always made me wonder =) anyway, this is really cool.. looking forward to more posts